It is time to apply for a MEXT University Recommendation Program scholarship. In the following paragraphs, we will discuss this scholarship program in further depth, including its advantages and a step-by-step guide to applying for it.
International students can apply for the MEXT University Suggestion Scholarships 2023-2024, which are full-ride scholarships that cover all educational costs. The MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship will pay for the whole cost of tuition, as well as provide a monthly stipend of 144,000 JPY to cover living costs and airfare in economy class.
MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation applications are now being accepted by international students attending Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) in Japan. This grant is awarded to exceptional overseas students who APU suggests for consideration.
This scholarship is offered by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to enhance Japan’s position as a global competitor and motivate international students enrolled in Japanese universities to engage in meaningful intellectual dialogue with their peers from other countries. The names of applicants who are excellent, qualified, and satisfy the conditions will be immediately sent by APU to the organization that administers the scholarship.
A Review of the Academic Literature
- Education level: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University.
- Duration of the Master’s Program: 1 1/2 to 2 Years.
- Doctorate: Three to Four Years of Study.
The Available Programs and Classes
- Relations with other countries (IR).
- Culture and Social Structure (SC).
- Administration of Public Affairs on a Global Scale (IPA).
- Administration of Public Health (PHM).
- Science of Long-Term Sustainability (SS).
- The Hospitality and Tourism Industry (TH).
- Development Economics (DE)
- An advanced degree in business administration, or MBA (MBA Program).
- Auditing and financial management (AF).
- Business and Marketing (MM).
- Management of Operations and Innovative Processes (IOM).
- Japanese Management (JM)
- IMAT is a dual-degree program focusing on international material flow management (2 years).
Provision of Insurance for Scholarships
The following are provided to the student who is awarded a MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation:
- 100% of the required school fees (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- The cost of living is around 144,000 JPY per month (amount subject to change)
- Economy-class airfare between the participant’s home country and the APU will be provided at the beginning and conclusion of the program.
- All incoming overseas students must spend their first year at APU in the AP House, the university’s on-campus residence hall (out of funding).
Recommendation from the MEXT University Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
A candidate must satisfy all the standards below to be considered for the MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation. These qualifications are as follows:
- The usage of either English or Japanese is required.
- Every nation qualifies for participation.
- Have the intention of pursuing one’s education in Japan
- You must not be a Japanese citizen and originate from a nation that maintains diplomatic relations with Japan to visit.
- To those who were born on or after April 2, 1988
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.30 on a scale of 3.00 from their most recent college or institution.
- This scholarship is not available to those currently serving on active duty in the military or employed by the military in a civilian capacity at the time of application.
- APU stipulates that recipients must be able to arrive in Japan within the allotted amount of time.
- Those who want to apply for this scholarship are not eligible if they have ever been awarded a MEXT scholarship unless they have been doing educational research for more than three years since their most recent payment from MEXT.
- You cannot submit an application for this MEXT scholarship in addition to an application for another MEXT scholarship at the same time.
- While they are enrolled at APU, recipients of this award are not permitted to take financial aid from any other organizations, including other scholarships.
- Those eligible for this scholarship are required to study in Japan, meaning they must have a valid student visa.
The benefits of obtaining an education in Japan
- The scholarship will provide you with money and pay for the tuition expenses.
- Gain access to the many cultural offerings of Japan, such as its rituals, one-of-a-kind events, and traditional festivals.
- I am now acquiring a second language. The Japanese language is distinct, and if you decide to study in Japan, you will have the edge over other students since you won’t need additional lessons to become fluent in another language (unless you want to).
- Students pursuing a master’s degree are eligible for a stipend of around 140,000 yen per month, which may be used to cover costs like food, books, and other living expenses.
- Students in Japan get transportation allowances because the distance between their homes and educational institutions is so great, making it prohibitively costly for them to travel.
- These pupils will not be required to pay for their examinations.
- Residence At the institution’s housing facilities Reimbursement of the cost of entering the university
- Learn in an environment that is serene and free from danger; Japan is a country that many students dream of studying in since it has a low incidence of violent crime and stunning natural beauty.
- Free or reduced-rate educational opportunities
- Chances of finding work after finishing school; Internships and career opportunities are available to graduates who want to remain in the community once they complete their education.
How do I apply for a MEXT University Scholarship?
Please follow these procedures carefully if you would want to apply for a MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation:
- Create an account for yourself to log in and complete the online application.
- Obtain the instructions for the application.
- To enter your application information, choose STEP 1 from the menu on the left once you have started.
- As part of the selection process, APU evaluates the materials submitted with the application and selects the most qualified individuals to recommend to MEXT.
- The final results of the applicants’ applications to APU are shared with those applicants whose applications are selected to be recommended for this award.
- Those selected must complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application paperwork to APU.
- The MEXT is the entity that ultimately decides which students are awarded scholarships.