The Clark Scholarship is available to foreign students from any country in the globe who want to do postdoctoral research during the academic year 2023-2024 at The Clark Art Institute in the United States of America. Each year, Clark awards anywhere from eleven to sixteen scholarships to deserving students. These awards range from one to 10 months, with the majority covering one academic semester.
Projects that aim to educate people about the visual arts and their role in culture are encouraged to be proposed by academics, critics, museum curators, and other professionals from all over the globe. The Institute serves as a public art museum and a location for academic study and instruction. Amongst its many other features, it has a sizable art history library. Clark is where people from all over the globe discuss the origins of art and its characteristics.
A Review of the Academic Literature
- Study Level: Postdoctoral.
- Clark Art Institute, institution(s).
- Study in: An Opportunity in the United States The subjects under consideration include history and visual culture.
- Duration of the Program: One month to 10 months.
Fellowships at the Clark Art Institute: Award Amounts and Benefits
The Clark Art Institute awards fellowships worth $30,000 every academic semester. People get them following their needs and the amount of money they bring in. The money spent on travel expenses to and from the Clark Institute will be reimbursed to the beneficiary.
In addition, if the individual given the money is responsible for the well-being of another person, that person’s travel expenses will also be compensated. Following the tax regulations established by the Internal Revenue Service, tax liabilities owed to the United States government by Fellows will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Apartments will be provided to those awarded fellowships from the Clark Art Institute. The home was built in the late 19th century. However, it has lately been expanded and renovated into apartments. It may be found just across the street from the Clark University campus. There are six flats, and the number of bedrooms ranges from one to two. Additionally, there is greater room between each of them. Each residence at Clark has been properly furnished and is wired for connection to the campus computer network.
There will be rooms and services available at The Clark, but there will not be a long-distance telephone in the building. Please remember that the Scholars’ Residence does not allow residents to bring their pets with them. In addition, smoking is not permitted inside any Clark building. The Manton Research Center provides its fellows with their private officers as well. The office is open from 8:00 in the morning till 11:00 night. On the other side, during the weekdays, the offices stay open later than on the weekends.
Scholarship from the Clark Art Institute Eligibility Requirements
The following are some of the qualifications that applicants for the Clark Art Institute Fellowship need to meet:
- Language Required: English
- All nations are qualified.
- They could have a background in academics or museums or experience in some other industry.
- It is required that applicants possess a Ph.D. or an equal amount of relevant professional experience.
- They could be employed full-time or part-time or independent researchers, curators, or critics who work independently.
- You have a really good writing ability.
- Excellent research abilities, particularly the capacity to do independent empirical research, to conduct qualitative research (including interviews and qualitative analysis), and, if at all feasible, to conduct quantitative research.
Fellowship advantages of the Clark Art Institute
Those who are successful in winning a Clark Art Institute Fellowship will have access to the following opportunities:
- The amount of the fellowship is determined not just by how much money the student makes but also by how much money the student requires, with the maximum amount being around $30,000 every semester.
- Following the tax regulations established by the Internal Revenue Service, the amount of back taxes owed to the United States government by the recipient will be evaluated individually.
- The receiver of the assistance, as well as any family member who accompanies them, will have the cost of their transportation to and from the facility reimbursed.
- Most of the time, awardees are awarded an apartment in a home built in the late 19th century and was recently renovated and enlarged just across the street from the Clark University campus. There are six different apartments available, and their sizes range from one bedroom to two bedrooms, with additional common spaces in each. Each apartment has everything you need, including a hookup to the computer network at Clark. There will be accommodations and services available, with the exception of long-distance phone calls. The location where the academics make their home does not allow residents to have pets. All interior spaces of the building are non-smoking zones.
- The Manton Research Center provides its awardees with a private office accessible between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm (early closing times on weekends). Computers and assistance with information technology are available upon request.
How can I apply for a Clark Art Institute scholarship program?
If you apply for this fellowship, please be sure to complete these steps:
- Kindly fill out the attached form.
- You will be required to describe the project in up to 500 characters.
- Please make a note of the names of your references as well as their email addresses. Kindly remind them that they are required to write a letter that is one page long and submit it to [email protected]
- After clicking the “Submit” button, you must email the following criteria to [email protected]
- A curriculum vitae.
- An explanation of your project’s assumptions and important promises should be included in a statement written in English and sent as a PDF with no more than three pages of double spacing. It is essential to place the project in the context of existing research, to describe what is unique or unusual about the subject matter and methodology, and to state why this specific project is required in the industry.